Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July :)

We spent a great day together and ended it with fireworks at Penn State. I typically do NOT like going where the entire town and their friends (70,000 people) will be but I did it for Todd and the kids. Our bedroom has a perfect view of the stadium (where the fireworks are set off)....granted, we couldn't see the low ones but we could see the high ones if we stood on the windowsill :) Anyway, off we went at 7 pm and it took about 30 minutes to go 2 miles...seems everyone thought leaving at 7 would also be a great idea. We ended up sitting at the new baseball stadium where we were able to see 11,000 fireworks explode right over our heads. I thought Isabella would love them but I should have known better. She spent most of the 45 minutes under a blanket screaming. The final song had 45 explosions per second and that is when she decided to come out and enjoy it!!! She must have sensed it was almost over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment