Reasons I may not get the award: I let Todd pick up Isabella an hour later that I usually get her so I could run home and have a nap, I "helped" Elisabeth with her homework by giving her the answers to her spelling errors so I could stop the insanity of listening to her spell, I threatened Isabella with no Fun Unleashed unless she ate one piece of chicken, I threatened Isabella with no EleFun (a game) if she didn't slide down the slide at Fun Unleashed, I told Elisabeth to shove Isabella down the slide at Fun Unleashed in hopes that she would get over her fear, I threatened no EleFun unless she stopped blithering in my ear (she was quite P.O.d she was forced down the slide), even though she continued to bawl, I still stopped at WalMart and got her damn game, and finally-I dropped the bowl of crushed strawberries on the floor as I was attempting to make dessert for us. IF I had secured the lid on the container (which I NEVER do), this wouldn't have happened and I wouldn't need to do a load of laundry tonight before the stains set in on my jeans and fleece jacket.
I don't think today my day for an award. Being a mom is reward enough.
Shoving them down the slide, throwing them in deep water to see if they can swim, forgetting them at home and not realizing it until you are at Church-they all work to make them stronger, more independent people. You go girl!! And--I have stayed with you often enough to know you deserve "Mother of the Year" and "Wife of the Year". You are a great daughter too. APRIL FOOLS! Just kidding. I mean it. Love you.
ReplyDeleteFor all that you have done (and put up with), I vote YOU as Mom-of-the-Year! You deserve it girl, because I soooo feel your pain.
ReplyDelete(I am a huge advocate for shoving down a slide btw. :)
(And can I say how much I'm enjoying your life these days). Good stuff.
All in a days work as a Mom. I would still give you the Mom of the Year award. Also, at least you didn't have your Dad come to swimming lessons with you and your son so that when my son chickened out about going in the deep end you had your Dad there to shove him in the pool. :) The horror on the teachers face was quite priceless. He went in the deep end from then on.
ReplyDeletehahahahhaaa!
ReplyDeleteLoved it!
...and gee, don't forget the jerk that called you and bugged you during your nap TODAY...add that to the equation, please!
I am beginning to realize that the "Mother of the Year" award is WAY over rated. There should be a "Mother of Reality" Award. Sounds like little Isabella is not having such a good week, and consequently, neither is Mama.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being so candid and reminding all of us that we are not the only ones experiencing those miserable days.