Sunday, October 25, 2009

One of my brilliant ideas....








Next time I even consider climbing Mt. Nittany, I'll think twice, get myself a big bowl of ice cream and then have a nap. I don't know what got into me-I think it was the nice day and the fact that I forgot how frickin' steep the damn mountain was. I honestly thought I was going to die of exhaustion 1/10th of the way up. I hugged every tree I could find and couldn't stop myself from asking the people who were coming down how much further we had. I thought I would cry when someone said we weren't even half way. I believe I sat down on a log and refused to move. Isabella, on the other hand, walked the entire way with a backpack, which she refused to take off. Elisabeth ran up the hill and Todd didn't even break a sweat.

And just to let you know, going down wasn't any easier. Isabella jumped down the mountain, Elisabeth ran, and Todd complained about his arches hurting. (I tried to convince him to say it was his ankles for the blog post but he wanted it to be correct....). I have never been so happy to see flat land in my whole life. I remember asking Todd to go get the car when we reached the summit/top. He thought I was kidding.

1 comment: