Tuesday, November 10, 2009

She is going to be the end of me....

The QUESTIONS are going to KILL me. Seriously. They are never ending. Why, oh why, did I want her to speak????? I remember the babysitter saying to me, when Bella was 18 months old, that she was worried Bella would never talk. HUH?????? The 3 of us know to never bring up a topic unless we want 100 questions asked about it. Heaven forbid we see something outside of the car like a dog or a dump truck and make a comment.....

"What is that?? Why is it there?? What is it doing?? Why?? Where is it going? WHY?? Why did it do that?? WHY??? When is it coming back?? Why can't I see it?? Where is it? Who made it?? Why can't it come back?? Why is it going away??

And nothing shuts her up. I make things up to shut her up and that just gets me in more trouble. The questions double.

Today I dropped her off at preschool. I took my glasses off to give her a butterfly kiss. Wrong thing to do.

I: "Your eyes are green! Why are your eyes green?? What happened to them?"
ME: "God made them that way."
I: "But they are green. Why did God do that??"
ME: "Because He is God and He wanted them green."
I: "Why did He want them green??"
ME: "He made mine green and yours brown." (WRONG THING TO SAY!)
I: "Why are mine brown?? How did that happen?? Why are yours green? Why did God do that?"
ME: "We will talk about this when we get home." (I am now extremely late for work.)
I: "Why are we going to talk about this when we get home? Why are your eyes green?"
ME: "Bye, Isabella. I love you. Wave at the window!"

THROUGH THE FRICKIN' PLATE GLASS WINDOW, when she should have been blowing me kisses, SHE YELLS, "WHY ARE YOUR EYES GREEN???????" I yell back, "Go see what color Ellie's eyes are!!" and off she ran! Hey, teachers, it's your turn!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh god, i feel your pain. I've been telling people with kids too young to speak to ENJOY! Enjoy the peace. My "chatty cathy" almost drives me batty. It's like she never stops with ridiculous questions. Questions she absolutely knows the answer to but she just wants to hear herself talk. Losing my mind! :)

    ReplyDelete