Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just when I think she isn't listening....

We went out for a late dinner last night. I had food in the house but I didn't want to cook it and Todd didn't want to clean it up. While sitting at Olive Garden, Bella was doing her best to push everyone's buttons and Elisabeth was doing her best to talk over Isabella. It was absolutely exhausting. Have you ever tried to keep 2 kids happy by carrying on 2 complete conversations???? And then there is Todd---not having a clue what is going on and wanting an update. UGH!

About 20 minutes after arriving, the waiter finally brought Isabella her chocolate milk and, under my breath, I said, "Now maybe she will shut up!" I then hear Bella say, "Mommy, that is NOT a very nice thing to say!" No, it wasn't very nice but it was true.

Fast forward 30 more minutes.....I have added ice to Bella's soup about 10 times, had her dip her breadstick in my diet Coke because she likes them soft, listened to Elisabeth rant about her friends at school, picked up Bella's napkin 5 times, answered Todd's questions, listened to Elisabeth worry about her Science test that is coming up, given Bella a lecture on not dropping Daddy's phone on the ground, quizzed Elisabeth on her upcoming Science test facts, tucked duckies under Bella's butt because the chair hurt her legs....you get the picture.

Then, the statement I dread the most comes out of Bella's mouth: "I NEED TO GO POTTY!!!!!!" I look at Todd and he says, "NOT IT!". Elisabeth, bless her heart, says that she will take her. Quietly, I say, "Thank you Jesus!!" Isabella looks up at me and says, "MY name is NOT Jesus!!!"

I seriously give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment