Wednesday, January 7, 2009

At this rate, we are going to have to go to school until August....

We had, yet, another snow day! Fourth day this year! Every day we take off, we add it on to the end of the year. If we continue going at this rate, they will start taking away our spring break. I remember them doing that one year and I had to prove I had plane tickets to CO to see my sister and brother. I honestly enjoy every day off we have:) We are finally getting settled after our trip back home. The van was filled to the brim and that has all been unloaded and put away, the Christmas decorations are down (I thanked God AGAIN that I didn't put up that frickin' tree), and I even found time to clean the downstairs! Now if I can just get my 'laundry butt' in gear! I hate laundry. I wish my mom was here-it is her passion:)

On the Isabella front, I have finally come to the conclusion that she is a strong willed child. That kid can push my every button - especially at 2 am. I could handle the sleep issues if she was a good girl during the day. She is now bitch-slapping (for use of a better word) all the smaller kids at Bonnie's. She walks right in and yanks their hair, pushes them over, steals their toys, and even tries to take a bite out of their little arms. She was so bad the other day at lunch, she had to eat the rest of her food on the floor! And she decided to take a nip when a NEW mother was there interviewing Bonnie. OMG! I have decided to take a calm approach to this new side of my sweet baby girl. The minute she starts screaming or hitting or scratching, I pick her up and put her in her room. I tell her she can come down when she calms down. Day 1....I am winning:) Lucky for her, she has more stamina than her mama. I'll let you know how it goes!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you do have your hands full! Gotta love the spunk, don't you? ;)
    Good luck with everything. As I always tell my kids, "Mommy will always win". Be strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good luck with that! Natallie has taken to hitting Jeremy and running for her life! Girls huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are way to funny! Ava's strong will has been aimed at me lately to... even the nice lady at the new day care said "she is very strong willed little day" - that made me wonder what they had not told me about their day with her...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. I say the strong are the ones who are the toughest...but what a price for the parents. I fear I'm in for it too-Katie is already testing. ARGH. Good for you for winning that first day!!!

    ReplyDelete